Full Help Documentation
Paper Charts (RNC & PDF)
- NOAA RNCs [RNC]
- Geo-referenced images of the charts in BSB format
- NOAA PDFs [PDF]
- Full-size, 400dpi downloadable, printable images of the charts
- NOAA ChartViewer [View]
- Display the charts within the web browser with zoom capability
- NOAA BookletChart [BC]
- Page-size (8.5 x 11) printable Booklet at a reduced scale of the original chart
- Notice to Mariners Chart Updates [NM]
- Access to the same information used to update navigational charts
- Print-on-Demand [POD]
- Provide up-to-date navigation information to mariners.
These paper charts are updated on a weekly basis and include
all of the latest critical chart corrections. Order POD charts
from OceanGrafix or East View Geospatial.
Electronic Charts (ENC)
- NOAA ENCs [ENC]
- Vector (S57) format of the chart used in electronic charting systems
- NOAA Coast Pilot [CP]
- Nautical publications that cover a variety of information important
to navigate coastal and intra-coastal waters and the Great Lakes
- Google Map
- Google Terrian Map
- Google Satellite Map
- Place Names
- Used to find specific named locations (ie. "Boston Harbor", "Monterey Bay", etc.)
- Used to find specific charts by chart number (ie. “13218” or “US2EC03M”)
- Used to move to a specific location within the map like 41N, 125W (ie. 41, -125)
Auto Zoom Function
When selected will automatically zoom to a level that contains the entire selected chart or publication.
- Each tab shows the outlines of charts or publication that are available.
- Changing the area of the map changes the charts that are displayed.
- Zooming in will show you charts that cover a smaller area.
- Clicking on the map will show all the charts that contain the location where you clicked.
- Larger scale charts (for example 1:5,000) show more details than a smaller scale chart (for example 1:100,000) of the same area.
|Type of Chart||Outline Color||Scale Range||Purpose
|Harbor Charts||Red||1:1 to 1:50,000||For navigation and anchorage in harbors and small waterways
|Coastal Charts||Purple||1:50,001 to 1:150,000||For coastal navigation inside the offshore reefs and shoals, entering bays and harbors
|General Charts||Purple||1:150,001 to 1:600,000||For use when a vessel’s course is well offshore and between distant ports
|Sailing Charts||Purple||1:600,001+||Plotting charts used for offshore sailing and between distant ports
|Small Craft Charts||Green||1:1 to 1:80,000||Specially designed with small-craft information
- HTML: 1.0.4
- CSS: 1.0.1
- JSON: 1/10/2014
General Information & Links
NOAA ENCs (ENC)
Vector files of chart features and available in S-57 format.
NOAA ENCs support marine navigation by providing the official Electronic
Navigational Chart used in ECDIS and in electronic charting systems.
NOAA ENCs are updated weekly with Notice to Mariner corrections.
Terms & Conditions
NOAA Coast Pilot (CP)
Nautical books that cover a variety of information important to navigators of coastal and intracoastal waters
and the Great Lakes.
Issued in nine volumes, they contain supplemental information that is difficult to portray
on a nautical chart.
Map Selection Information